We started the New Year by attending the Church Planter Conference in Anaconda. It was a really wonderful time of study, discussion, and fellowship with other church planters from around the state. Dave Howeth, our team leader for the state and his wife, Debbie, did such a wonderful job of organizing and implementing the weekend. Thanks for everyone who took the time to invest in our ministry and the work of Christ in Montana.
The snow continues to fall… but we still enjoy Soup Days each week. We were blessed to have Fred Hewett, Executive Director of the Montana Baptist Convention, visit and share a Soup Day with us in January. The ladies actually served brisket, potato salad, coleslaw, baked beans, and pie for desert. It was quite a feast and everyone enjoyed getting to know Bro. Fred.
Our Resource Center was able to help 3 regular families and 1 new family this month, as well as providing 3 new families with firewood for the first time! Things are working very smoothly so far and folks seem to be genuinely grateful. Please pray for these families, that the Lord will draw them to Himself and to the family at New Day Fellowship. Please pray for continued gifts to the center so we can provide for those in need. Alan heard from another couple in the area who indicated that they were seriously thinking about coming to services again (they have not attended since before we came to Haugan). So, please pray for them, too!
We also had a special blessing this month when we received thank you notes from three of the children that received Christmas gifts and the meal. We thought you might enjoy seeing the notes from these precious girls… please pray for Lauren, Sunny, & Breezy…
As you may know we have been praying about purchasing the abandoned Methodist church building located across from the school in St Regis. That plan has not changed. We are still asking God to provide the funds to purchase and furnish this awesome property! This month we proposed to lease the property for one year with the help of our association, the state convention, and other gifts as received. This will give us the time we need to possibly garner funds through various means to purchase the building by the end of this year. In taking possession of the property now we will have ample time to prepare for an official launch of New Day Fellowship, St Regis on Easter Sunday 2011! We have not heard back from the Realtor on the agreement, so please pray specifically for this.
As it stands today the building is completely empty, so we will need furnishings: chairs for the worship center, tables and chairs for the fellowship hall, and chairs and tables for the children’s class room. There is also a need for a refrigerator and a stand-alone freezer, kitchen supplies and utensils, at least one projector with screen for the worship center and a small sound system. I realize this is not an exact list, but we’ll try to provide more detail in the days ahead. We are asking for funds to be provided so we may order directly instead of having outrageous shipping costs for actual items.
So, here is what we need you to do specifically—PRAY WITH US! Then, share this need with your missions group, your small groups, anyone you think might want to “get radical” with the work of God in Montana! As impossible as it seems for us to raise funds to purchase a church building, it is even more impossible to reach these families with the Good News of Jesus. But, we believe HE will do both! As Brother Fred stated before leaving, “We absolutely want God to get the glory for this and thank Him ahead of time for what He will do.”
“For nothing will be impossible with God.” Luke 1:37, ESV
Our Praise Notes…
• Praise the Lord for our current financial support team! We are so grateful for every gift. We could not be here without you.
• Praise the Lord for a new dishwasher for the church in Haugan, compliments of New Hope Fellowship in Springdale, AR.
• Praise the Lord for new contacts and families in St Regis and Haugan!
Our Prayer Needs…
• Cathy Oswald--husband Ozzie passed away suddenly in early January (they were not members in Haugan, but often attended activities)
• Mike Wright has a serious degenerative spinal cord disease, he and his wife, Sally need our prayers for his treatment and healing
• Relationships continue to be built throughout these communities that we might bring others to Christ
• Teachers & Students in St Regis, a re-establishment of LIGHT Student Ministry
• Genuine salvation for: Pete, Pam, Roger, Chuck, Deb, Ty, Chantz, Chuck, Heather, Ray, Spring, Duane, LeRoy, Randy
• Gene & Pam Young, as they discern the will of God in regard to coming to help with the church start in St Regis
• For the Light of Christ to dispel the spiritual darkness in this 33 mile valley
• Provision for the New Day Resource Center open 3rd Thursday of each month
• A more permanent facility in which to meet in St Regis—looks like this is going to be a reality very soon! Keep praying with us, please…
• You might pray for our heater to keep working, we have had some issues over the last month… it comes and goes! And this is the coldest part of the year.
• Alana as she serves the Lord and starts her new job at Springdale Community Church in Louisville, KY! PTL!
• Alisha as she serves the Lord, plans for her wedding next summer, and begins teaching Kindergarten in January
• Please begin to pray with us now--as the “state-side” Damrons will need to get to the wedding in Uganda next summer—specifically for provision and health issues to be resolved!
• Charles C Barton- Sarah’s dad has been diagnosed with diabetes, trusting that treatment will go well and be successful
• Asking the Lord for additional monthly financial partners for ministry expenses in both locations, plus personal needs
16 …the people dwelling in darkness have seen a great light, and for those dwelling in the region and shadow of death, on them a light has dawned. (Matthew 4:16, ESV)
ALL DONATIONS ARE TAX-DEDUCTIBLE. PLEASE SEND TO:
NEW DAY NETWORK MINISTRY, PO BOX 420013, HAUGAN MT 59842